Embedded Systems Engineer
Exclusive are pleased to be working with an energy manufacturer who are looking to recruit an Embedded Systems Engineer based in Gateshead.
You will design software and supporting hardware having determined software and controller requirements. Validating appropriately and following a software implementation program set by the company.
* Generation and maintenance of software requirements in line with the project functional specification and company quality standards
* Designing documentation in line with project requirements and company standards
* Efficient, well structured, annotated software code as defined in the design documentation
* Operating of simulation tools to ensure software design operates the product control system in the desired manner
* Conducting stability analysis of control system by operating simulation tools to ensure the product remains stable in all conditions
* Verification and validation testing as necessary
* Assisting in the development of all initiatives to improve and simplify the generation, modification and documentation of software
* Designing the modification of embedded processor cards, peripherals, interfaces and I/O circuitry to meet the functional requirements of the project system and the operating software, including all design specification, manufacturing requirements, component definition and testing documentation
* Integration of the embedded processor card and product operating software to deliver a combined sub-system which meets the project requirement
* Developing of next generation embedded controllers using microcontrollers / DSP’s etc as identified by the company
* Designing of interface software (ie serial link, Ethernet, CANbus, MOD Bus, ProphiBus for example)
* Demonstrable experience within FPGA Logic Design and simulation using high level descriptive language, preferably VHDL.
* Ability to create test modules such as Pulse Width Modulator generator and communications modules such as UARTS, I2C, CAN etc
* Working knowledge of C programming language
* Experience in design and development of signal conditioning, processing and control PCB packages using CAD packages including analogue and digital circuits
* Ability to operate simulation tools such as PLECS and/or Symmetrix
* Demonstrable experience of working to recognised software processes and standards with application of Software Integrity Levels (SIL)
* Working to agreed budgets and timescales and in a timely and efficient manner
* Experience of programming ARM core microprocessors and/or Infineon Tri-core processors
* Experience of working with Power Line Communication
* Knowledge of relevant market sectors to such as Energy, Rail or Military
Along with the above the successful applicant must hold a Degree in Embedded Systems or a related discipline. In return you will be offered a very attractive salary with an extensive company benefits package.
To know more about this role please contact Kelly Harrison at Exclusive Ltd
- Type of work
- Application closing date
- 10th March 2018
- £40000 - £45000
- Engineering & Technical
- North East England
- Town / City
- Reference Number
Apply for this job
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please log in or use the quick apply form below.
If you would like to increase your chances of being accepted for this role, please register for an account. When you have completed the full registration form, you will be directed back to this vacancy.