Exclusive are proud to once again represent Daikin Applied as their retained consultants in their search for a Procurement Manager to join them at their site in Northumberland. As an experienced Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for the running of the purchasing process and the supplier relationships.
Due to the nature of the role, you will be a strong people manager who can quickly build trusted relationships within the manufacturing sector across a global customer base.
Some of the key things we are looking for:
* Managing supplier selection and monitoring, ensuring new and existing suppliers meet key Quality Assurance, Health & Safety and Ethical Trading Standards
* Confirming specifications and requirements from each department and to ensure that orders are in place for existing and pending projects
* Managing the supply chain ensuring deadlines are met and any supply issues are resolved, elevated or communicated to relevant teams in addition to confirming receipt of goods and monitoring discrepancies
* Developing new supplier and tender contracts and engaging in supplier negotiations, ensuring commercial considerations are considered
* The ability to build and maintain strong and long lasting supplier relationships and resolve any potential disputes quickly and efficiently
* Supervising the raising, approval and placement of purchase orders and their subsequent administration
We need a reliable manager with a proven background in a buyer or purchasing role within a busy Engineering or Manufacturing environment. If you come from an HVAC background and have CIPS qualifications, this would be of particular interest. You need to be a strong leader and communicator with a good grasp of the supply chain process and the commercial applications within such a role.
Due to the nature of the role and the existing supply chain, there will be extensive travel across the UK in order to develop new suppliers and customer agreements as part of the new and improved procurement strategy. A company car is provided as part of the package.
If you want a chance to join an expanding company with real progression and growth opportunities, contact Exclusive today.
- Type of work
- Application closing date
- 10th February 2018
- £35000 - £40000
- Engineering & Technical
- North East England
- Town / City
- Reference Number
Apply for this job
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please log in or use the quick apply form below.
If you would like to increase your chances of being accepted for this role, please register for an account. When you have completed the full registration form, you will be directed back to this vacancy.