Exclusive are once again proud to be supporting Smithers Oasis, a global manufacturer in the North East to appoint a Quality Manager. A new and critical role within the business, the Quality Manager will be responsible for implementing and driving new QMS and ISO standards into the business through a significant period of internal change. Working across multiple sites, you will lead the roll- out and implementation of the new quality systems across the business and larger global group.
Working with the senior management team to achieve ISO 9001:2015 accreditation, you will:
* Ensure all staff compliance and document control meets the company’s QMS procedures
* Champion best practice throughout the business and investigating complaints or non-conformance
* Conduct regular reviews and update all relevant improvement plans and documentation
* Champion the QMS and ISO 9001:2015 implementation and act as a role model and mentor to staff,
* Ensure standards and understanding of the new systems are established and ingrained into both the company working practice and culture
* Assist in the training and development of staff throughout the company
You will be uniquely placed to advise the senior management team as to the progress and successes of the implementation and suggest continuing development as part of the company’s growth strategy.
So what are we looking for?
* A proven people manager with past experience implementing QMS and particularly ISO 9001:2015 from scratch
* A background in manufacturing is essential and a Lead Auditor certification is highly desired, with an Internal Auditing qualification as a minimum
* Ability to adapt to a varied working environment where change is daily
* Personable with the right attitude to deliver in the role
* Time spent in a lean role would be ideal along with experience of Minitab (or similar)
If you are hungry to develop, driven to succeed with a desire to achieve, this opportunity has real potential. Reporting to the Sustainability manager and acting as a mentor and supervisor to one of the quality administrators, you need both the knowledge and confidence to thrive in this role. If you want to join a company where you will be instrumental in their future growth, contact Andrew today.
- Type of work
- Application closing date
- 24th November 2017
- £30000 - £35000
- Engineering & Technical
- North East England
- Town / City
- Reference Number
Apply for this job
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please log in or use the quick apply form below.
If you would like to increase your chances of being accepted for this role, please register for an account. When you have completed the full registration form, you will be directed back to this vacancy.