Radiation Detector Specialist
Are you looking to join an established and successful team involved in some of the most innovative and advanced technical products available within the nuclear industry? We need a Radiation Scientist looking to embark on the next step in your career. You would be joining a world-known company as they continue to grow and expand.
As a Radiation Scientist, you will be responsible for some of the latest and most cutting-edge technology in the market. This role will include the development and implementation of next-generation algorithms and products.
* Working within an experienced team of scientists and engineers to deliver new radiation detector products
* Scientific testing and characterisation of new radiation detectors
* Working with national laboratories, universities and external test houses to access test facilities
* Simulation and modelling radiation detector systems
* Algorithm development
* Report writing and presentation of results
* First or 2:1 degree in Physics or related discipline
* High standard of data analysis and critical thinking
* Experience with programming languages, such as Python or C++
* Knowledge and practical experience of radiation detector instrumentation
* High standard of report writing and presentation skills
* Experience and willingness to work in teams
* Willingness to travel both within the UK and internationally
* Experience with radiation detector simulation tools
Please send your CV in application to Andrew Lockey at Exclusive.
Exclusive Ltd are a professional recruitment business with offices across the UK and your application will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
- Type of work
- Application closing date
- 28th October 2017
- £30000 - £37000
- Engineering & Technical
- North East England
- Town / City
- County Durham
- Reference Number
Apply for this job
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please log in or use the quick apply form below.
If you would like to increase your chances of being accepted for this role, please register for an account. When you have completed the full registration form, you will be directed back to this vacancy.