Exclusive are working with a rapidly growing technology start-up business which are looking to appoint a Software Engineer to join their IT Operations in County Durham.
As a Software Engineer, you will be joining a small but established team who are on a rapid growth plan. You will be at the forefront of technology design, applying your skills to help applying methods of translation from 3rd party researchers to customer facing software products.
Your main responsibilities will include:
* Developing software using C++ and C# on Windows
* Translating and optimizing algorithms and scientific processes developed in MATLAB to C++ code
* GUI applications with supporting documentation
* Ensuring high quality software libraries and GUI applications with documentation
* Software versioning and delivery using application lifecycle management tools such as TFS, TeamCity and GitHub
The successful applicant will have:
* Minimum degree level in Software Engineering or Computer Science. Alternatively Mathematics or Physics based discipline
* Excellent C++ or C# programming skills
* Knowledge of MATLAB
* Working knowledge of UNIX / LINUX and associated shell scripting languages (Python, Bash etc.)
* Experience of static code analysis, test coverage tools
* Solid Mathematics knowledge particularly geometry, vectors, matrices and statistics
* A good understanding of image processing techniques
In addition to the above you will require a technical understanding that will allow effective communication to a non-technical audience. Experience in medical software would also be advantageous.
In return you will get the opportunity to work for a forward thinking technology company, with additional flexible benefits and share options.
For more information and a confidential discussion, please send your CV in application to Kelly Harrison at Exclusive.
- Type of work
- Application closing date
- 7th March 2018
- £35000 - £45000
- Information Technology
- North East England
- Town / City
- County Durham
- Reference Number
Apply for this job
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please log in or use the quick apply form below.
If you would like to increase your chances of being accepted for this role, please register for an account. When you have completed the full registration form, you will be directed back to this vacancy.